Dewatering Systems & Technology
As one of the largest inland environmental dredging companies we have the experience to undertake any size project “large or small” incorporating the use of Silt Tube technology. Together with our partners we can provide full design assistance and technical advice to owners, engineers, contractors, and customers to insure that each and every Silt Tube project is successful for the customer.
- Patented products that withstand pressure during pumping operations.
- High flow rate allows residual materials to dewater, while containing solids.
- Fast, easy and economical dewatering system.
- Proven technology.
- Controlled product quality. Laboratory tested.
- ISO-9001-2000 Certified.
- Over 2,000 dewatering projects have used Silt Tube units.
Millions of gallons of sludge have been pumped into Silt Tube containers for containment and dewatering of industrial waste, municipal sludge, and hazardous contaminated sediments. Paper mills, chemical companies, industrial plants, and nuclear power plants are just a few of the clients that have benefited from Silt Tube dewatering technology. Silt Tube dewatering technology is the low cost, high volume dewatering solution, the dewatering process is simple and effective.
Key Benefits of Silt Tube Dewatering Technology
- Effective high volume containment
- Efficient dewatering and volume reduction
- Fast, cost effective solution
- East removal of dry solids
Our experienced operational and technical sales team are happy to visit any site that requires dredging of sludge, sediments or contaminated silts from any watercourse, works or waste water treatment facility, offering Silt Tube dewatering technology. We will advise on the design, operation and installation of treatment, dosing and optimise the efficiency of any chemicals that may be involved. We will work closely with you, step by step, to achieve the optimal result.
- Site identification for a Silt Tube installation.
- Analyse sediments, sludge or contaminated silts
- Chemical evaluation. Lab test for the optimal solution, provide results.
- Design and size of Silt Tube System.
- Full quotation
- Install Silt Tube system, filling process & polymer dosing.
- Ensure target results.
- Remove dewatered silts, if required.
Silt Tube dewatering system is the preferred solution:
- For the clean-out of (contaminated) lagoons
- For remediation of contaminated rivers, lakes and other waterways
- As a flexible low cost back-up facility during brake down or maintenance of conventional solid-liquid separation presses
- In drying bed technology to handle seasonal fluctuations or a structural capacity increase at public waste water treatment plants
- To reduce sludge transport cost of agricultural, sand filter back wash and biodigester sludges.
If you wish to undertake the dewatering scheme yourself, we can supply materials only and provide advice, equipment and installation guidelines.
Silt Tube dewatering technology is the low cost, high volume dewatering solution. The dewatering process is simple and effective. The pumping process is repeated until the tube is full. Eventually, the solids can be handled as dry material, increasing options for transportation and disposal.
How Silt Tube Dewatering Technology Works
Dewatering with Silt Tube technology is a three-step process:
Sludge (dredged material) is pumped into the Silt Tube® container. Environmentally-safe polymers are added to the sludge, which makes the solids bind together and water separate. The Silt Tube container’s unique fabric confines the fine grains of the material.
Clear effluent water simply drains from the Silt Tube container through the small pores in the specially engineered textile. This results in effective dewatering and efficient volume reduction of the contained materials. And this volume reduction allows for the repeated filling of the Silt Tube® container. Over 99% of solids are captured, and clear filtrate can be collected and recirculated through the system. The decanted water is often of a quality that can be re-used/returned for processing or returned to native waterways without additional treatment.
After the final cycle of filling and dewatering, the solids remain in the bag and continue to densify due to desiccation as residual water vapour escapes through the fabric. Volume reduction can be as high as 90 percent. When full, the Silt Tube container and contents can be deposited at a landfill, remain on-site, or the solids can be removed and land-applied when appropriate.
Download Dewatering Brochure