For clarity, when we talk about ‘Land & Water’, ‘we’ and ‘our’, we are referring to:
Land & Water Group Limited
Our overall aim is to be fair and transparent about how we collect and process your data and provide you with enough information for you to clearly understand what we are doing with it. If you are unsure of how we are handling information, or you think we could improve our privacy information please contact DP@land-water.co.uk.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in the following ways:
- Through our customer onboarding processes
- Through events, both our own hosted events and those we attend
- Through any inbound enquiries via phone, email or other forms
- When you give your consent for us to contact you via our email portal
What personal information we collect
The data we collect, store and process is for business purposes only, we do not collect any non-business essential personal information e.g. personal email addresses, personal bank details, home addresses (unless also used as registered business addresses). The following are examples of information we store:
- Organisational information: company name, address, sector, telephone number, size of company by number of employees
- Personal contact information: name, job title, business email address, business contact telephone numbers
- Any other information required to carry out our business contract e.g. Finance contacts / PO systems / organisational banking details
How we use personal information
We use the personal information collected in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered between you and us, and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased / enquired about or that we feel will be of legitimate interest to you
- To notify you about changes to our products or services
- To notify you of news and information that we feel will be of interest to you
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective way for you and for your computer
- To survey you from time to time to enable us to review how we’re performing as a business
How we respect your privacy
We respect your privacy and in accordance with our strict data protection processes we respect the privacy of your data, to the best of our ability.
When carrying out our business contracts with you we will agree best ways to communicate with you, which due to the nature of deadlines and project lead times this may involve out of hours communication with your consent.
For general communications, we limit our contact to business hours and prioritise communications channels that we feel are less intrusive, for example, email and social media, over direct calls, which we limit to a minimum. For more information on our communications process please contact DP@land-water.co.uk.
How we respect your confidentiality
We respect your confidentiality and we do not share your personal information with any third parties unless it is essential to our service provision to do so. Under no circumstances will we share your personal information for financial gain. At all times we ensure no personal information about you is available via general release and maintain tight control on our management and storage of data. We do not ask for or seek any sensitive personal information.
How long we hold information
We collect personal information for specific purposes and on a specific legal basis as outlined below.
We will try to collect only the personal information required for these specific purposes. Once this purpose has been fulfilled and the personal information is no longer required, we will either anonymise your data by removing any identifiable information that is personal to you or delete it completely after what we would deem a reasonable length of time. These lengths of time may vary according to the purpose, but if you have any specific questions on this, please feel free to contact DP@land-water.co.uk.
Unsubscribing from our communications
If you no longer wish to receive our communications please notify us, noting your options as follows:
To unsubscribe from our marketing email communications, please click the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the footer of the email or if you receive a personal email from one of our team, please reply with ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line. Should you do this, we will ensure you receive no further email communication, however colleagues within your company may do so until they follow the same process. Please note unsubscribing from our email communications may not cease other forms of communication e.g. printed flyers, and your personal information will be stored to ensure that no further information is received by email.
To unsubscribe from all marketing communications, please email DP@land-water.co.uk noting that your personal information will be stored to ensure that no further information is received.
To request us to destroy all personal information that we may store, please email your request to DP@land-water.co.uk clearly marking your request as ‘Request to be forgotten’ and noting this may not be possible if we have a legal obligation to hold your details from a business contractual perspective. Should your request be accepted please note colleagues at your organisation may continue to receive communications unless they make the same request, and we may collect your data again in future at which point communications may resume. For more information refer to the ‘How we collect personal information’ section above.
Under the Data Protection law, you have several rights, as per below:
- It is your right to unsubscribe to any of our marketing messages at any time or ask for any record of your data to be deleted.
- You have the right to request us to erase or stop the processing of your personal data if that personal data is no longer accurate, up-to-date or when the further processing of your data would be in violation of the current DP Law, provided there is no legal obligation for us to keep it.
- You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DP Law. Please contact us if you require more information
- You have a right to information that explains how we are processing information about you, and we have an obligation to process only a minimum of data for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes in a fair, lawful and transparent manner. This privacy notice fulfils our obligations to provide you with information, but please do contact us directly if you have any questions or concerns: DP@land-water.co.uk
- You have the right to lodge a complaint about how we are handling your data with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK who can be contacted here: ico.org.uk/concerns/
By entering into a business contract with us, using our email portal, or visiting our website, you consent to the use of any information you have provided being collected by Land & Water. This information will be used for the purposes we describe in this privacy notice. You have a right to withdraw your consent at any time for any of the processing activities being carried out, by sending us an email to DP@land-water.co.uk. Where your direct consent is not received, we limit our communications with you to ensure that we limit any personal damage. We believe that our processes are respectful to your privacy and are comfortable that they meet the essence of the law, you are welcome to contact us for full transparency of our processes by emailing DP@land-water.co.uk.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
- credit reference agencies for assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them or you, if it’s essential to deliver your order.
Special circumstances for the disclosure of information:
We will only disclose your personal information to a third party if:
- The shares of Land & Water or substantially all of their assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Our Legal basis for processing your data:
We use your data for the following reasons:
- In the pursuit of our legitimate interests as a commercial organisation including the marketing and promotion of our brand, products, and services.
- To fulfil any contractual obligations or legal obligations we may have when you use our services.
- When you have given us consent to do so.
Our services are not directed at children under 13, so please contact us if you believe a child under 13 has provided us any personal information without parental consent.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet can never be considered completely secure. Although we will do our best to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, in accordance with good business practice, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. The security of your data transmitted to us electronically is always at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will put in place and apply strict procedures and security features to try to prevent any unauthorised third-party access.
Our staff are fully aware of GDPR compliance and any personal data held is password protected with a limited number of trained employees able to access it, when it is essential for them to do so to carry out their duties.
Applicable data protection law
This privacy notice has been based on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you are subject to more stringent data protection legislation, please refrain from using our website/portal or any of our other services.
Changes to this notice
We may periodically change this privacy notice. If we decide to change our privacy notice, we will post those changes on this page. We recommend you re-visit this page periodically to check for changes.
We are using cookies on this site.
Like most websites, we are using cookies on this website. We’re using them to help us improve our site and give you the experience and content you’re looking for. That means we need some vital information about our visitors; what information they are searching for, their favourite content and how they find our navigation. We study this information to help us make relevant updates to the site.
What are cookies for?
If you’re not sure what a cookie is, sometimes it’s a round biscuit that tastes great dunked in milk, but in this case it’s a small text file stored on your computer by your browser which helps us understand a bit about more about your computer. For example, it helps us understand what device you’re viewing our site from, what content you viewed on our site and whether you’ve viewed our site before. What it doesn’t tell us is who you are or store any personal data about you. We are certainly not using the data to sell to other companies or advertise to you in other places.
Which cookies are we using?
To be completely transparent, below we have listed the cookies we’re using on our site, so you can choose to opt out:
Our site uses
Google Analytics – to opt out, follow this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Facebook – to understand Facebook’s data use policy, follow this link: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other
Turning cookies off
Whilst these cookies cannot be turned off individually on our site, you can change your browser settings to refuse all cookies by using the preference settings on your computer. Please however be aware this may affect your user experience on our site.